Summer is definitely in full swing and with it comes the need for special auto care. Here is a list of some useful deeds to care for your auto when the temps are soaring, traffic may be heavier, and your car use is up:
- Engine coolant (antifreeze) is the #1 thing motorists should stay on top of in the summer months
- Check all your fluids often and perform regular maintenance like oil/filter changes and inspection or replacement of the air cleaner and fuel filters
- Avoid tire blowout and improve fuel economy by keeping proper pressure in tires
- Replace old, worn out tires that may leave you stranded in the heat
- Have your a/c system inspected by an ASE certified mechanic to identify any hazards to your system along with needs for regular maintenance
- Park in the shade and keep yourself cool with a/c
- Keep the windows up and the a/c on improves aerodynamics and is ideal for highway travel
- Protect your paint and interior by parking in a garage, in the shade of a building, or under an awning, when possible
- Regularly waxing your vehicle to reduce sun damage and paint fading by using a polish with UV protection
- Keep your interior in tiptop condition by purchasing a sunshade that keeps sunlight from coming in the windshield. This will reduce fading, drying and cracking inside your vehicle, and keep you cooler when you sit down behind the wheel
Don’t get stranded in the heat. Proper preparation and maintenance of your vehicle during the scorching summer months is your insurance for smoother vehicle performance.
If you are at or near the Lake of the Ozarks, stop by Gerbig’s Osage Auto Service for expert service. In business for over 30 years, you will be sure to get the right advice and care for your car needs.